Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Never to be Forgotten:
Stan Freberg 1926-2015




The great satirist and voiceover actor Stan Freberg died yesterday at the age of 88. I often discount voiceover work, but he was the original voice of Cecil the Sea-Sick Sea Serpent when the show was Time for Beany, a puppet show instead of a cartoon. There's also Saint George and the Dragonet for fantasy comedy, but an ad for Sunsweet prunes with Ray Bradbury is the piece of evidence that put it over the top for me and made me decide to give him a mention. I loved him so much, I needed only the flimsiest excuse, and this is not completely flimsy. Here is the link.

Best wishes to the family and friends of Stan Freberg, from an adoring fan. He is never to be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traveler! Have you news... FROM THE FUTURE?