Sunday, April 19, 2015
19 April 2015
Simu Liu b. 1989 (Omega, Beauty and the Beast , Warehouse 13)
Jai Courtney b. 1986 (Divergent, I, Frankenstein)
Hayden Christensen b. 1981 (Star Wars, Jumper, Forever Knight, Harrison Bergeron)
James Franco b. 1978 (This is the End, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Green Hornet, Spider-Man, The X-Files)
Alexis Thorpe b. 1980 (Nightmare City 2035, The Man from Earth)
Jamison Haase b. 1974 (The Last Ship, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Awake)
Radim Kalvoda b. 1973 (The Brothers Grimm)
Jennifer Taylor b. 1972 (Zombie Night, 100,000 Zombie Heads, Charmed)
Ashley Judd b. 1968 (Insurgent, Divergent, Tooth Fairy, Bug, Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Shane Daly b. 1966 (Kick-Ass 2, Alphas, Mutant X. Witchblade, Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire, Earth: Final Conflict)
Patricia Charbonneau b. 1959 (Strange World, SeaQuest 2032, RoboCop 2, Brain Dead)
Steve Antin b. 1958 (Misfits of Science)
Moira Sinise b. 1954 (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines)
Dennis Dun b. 1952 (Charmed, Prince of Darkness, Big Trouble in Little China, Beauty and the Beast)
Tim Curry b. 1946 (Alice , The Secret of Moonacre, Wolf Girl, Addams Family Reunion, Doom Runners, Lexx, Congo, Earth 2, The Shadow, It, The Worst Witch, Legend, The Rocky Horror Picture Show)
Elinor Donohue b. 1937 (The Invaders [1995 TV movie], Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare, Mork & Mindy, Star Trek)
Dudley Moore b. 1935 died 27 March 2002 (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland )
Ox Baker b. 1934 died 20 October 2014 (Escape from New York)
Garfield Morgan b. 1931 died 5 December 2009 (28 Weeks Later, Out of This World)
Rhodes Reason b. 1930 died 26 December 2014 (Star Trek, King Kong Escapes, The Time Tunnel)
Dick Sargent b. 1930 died 8 July 1994 (Harry and the Hendersons, Teen Witch, The Clonus Horror, The Six Million Dollar Man, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Beast with a Million Eyes)
Hugh O’Brian b. 1925 (Doin’ Time on Planet Earth, Rocketship X-M)
Pearl Shear b. 1918 died 27 July 2009 (Doctor Mordrid, Max Headroom, The Invisible Man , I Dream of Jeannie, The Addams Family)
Notes from the birthday list.
1. The Picture Slot. In earlier years, the Picture Spot was given to Hayden Christensen and Tim Curry. Of the remaining list, I felt Dick Sargent as the second Darrin Stevens was most iconic.
2. The Canadians, pre-spotted for your convenience. There are three Canuck birthdays today, none all that obvious. Simu Liu was born in China but is described as a Canadian actor on imdb.com. Hayden Christensen was born north of the border, but his credit list doesn't make that obvious. Shane Daly is the Canadian most easily spotted, but even he is not very easy.
3. Nepotism more or less. Ashley Judd is the daughter of Naomi Judd and younger sister of Wynonna. I'm not sure how much clout that has in Hollywood.
4. Wait... he's still alive? Happy 90th birthday, Hugh O'Brian! His inclusion on this birthday list means we have a movie that got the MST3K treatment, Rocketship X-M. Yay!
5. Missed obits. There are two actors who died while this blog has been in existence. Ox Baker was a wrestler with only one genre credit and had I known he had died, I still might not give him a Never to be Forgotten post. Rhodes Reason, on the other hand, had three genre credits, including a major guest star role on Star Trek.
Best wishes to the family and friends of Rhodes Reason, from a fan. He is never to be forgotten.
Many happy returns to all the living on the list and to the dead, thanks for all the memories.
Prediction: The consensus winners of the eight first round match-ups in the 2015 playoffs.
Warriors over Pelicans in 5
Rockets over Mavericks in 7
Spurs over Clippers in 7
Grizzlies over Trail Blazers in 6
Hawks over Nets in 5
Cavs over Celtics in 5
Bulls over Bucks in 5
Raptors over Wizards in 5
Reality: The way I'll score the predictions is as follows.
Correct team and correct number of games: 10 points
Correct team and one away from correct number of games: 9 points
Correct team and two away correct number of games: 8 points
Correct team and three away number of games: 7 points
Incorrect team in a predicted seven game series that goes seven games: 5 points
Looking one day ahead... INTO THE FUTURE!
Is tomorrow Monday already? Another chance to check the OMNI Future Almanac.
Join us then... IN THE FUTURE!