Wednesday, November 13, 2013

13 November 2013

Birthdays
Aisha Hinds b. 1971 (Star Trek Into Darkness, True Blood, Dollhouse, Stargate SG-1)
Noah Hathaway b. 1971 (The Never Ending Story, Troll, Battlestar Galactica)
Gerard Butler b. 1969 (Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life)
Whoopi Goldberg b. 1955 (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Tracy Scoggins b. 1953 (Babylon 5, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Lois and Clark)
Oskar Werner b. 1922 died 23 October 1984 (Fahrenheit 451)
Jack Elam b.1920 died 20 October 2003 (Twilight Zone)
Robert Louis Stevenson b. 1850 died 3 December 1894 (The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde)

Several possible choices for the Picture Slot today, but I was in a Star Trek mood. Noah Hathaway as Atreyu was a possibility, Oskar Werner as Montag was another. Jack Elam was in a jillion Westerns and just one episode of Twilight Zone, but I loved his work and I loved that show, so he gets a nod on his birthday. I also have to say when I see a name like Robert Louis Stevenson and realize he died at the age of 44, it makes me wonder what the hell I've done with my time.

Many happy returns to the living on the list. 

Movies released
2012, escaped 2009
The Running Man released 1987
 

Prediction: In 2012, Solar storms cause warming in the earth’s core causing irreparable cracks, dooming all life on earth.

Predictor: 2012, escaped 2009

Reality: Roland Emmerich said this will be his last disaster movie, so we’ve got that going for us. While I might sometimes ponder what I've accomplished, this movie is now four years old and I've never seen it nor do I have plans to see it, so I haven't wasted my entire life.

Looking one day ahead... INTO THE FUTURE!

The regular weekly schedule gives Thursday to Isaac Asimov, so we will be treated to another of his brainstorms from 1964 about the wonderful world of 2014.

Join us then... IN THE FUTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traveler! Have you news... FROM THE FUTURE?