Monday, August 11, 2014

Never to be forgotten:
Robin Williams 1951-2014

Along with the rest of the world, this blog is reporting on the suicide of Robin Williams, dead at the age of 63 from asphyxia, according to the Marin County Sheriff's department.

The stand-up comic came to national prominence in the sitcom Mork and Mindy (pictured here), but his acting career grew and he won an Oscar for his dramatic portrayal of a psychiatrist in Good Will Hunting. Among his genre roles are Night at the Museum, The Final Cut, Bicentennial Man, What Dreams May Come, Flubber [1997], Jumanji, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Faerie Tale Theatre. A favorite role of mine is in a movie where reincarnation is a major plot device, Kenneth Brannagh's Dead Again. I admit my criteria are completely arbitrary in these cases, but I don't quite consider this genre.

I must admit I am in a state of shock over the news, much the same way I felt about Philip Seymour Hoffman and James Gandolfini. I still don't quite believe it.

Best wishes to the family and friends of Robin Williams, from an avid fan. He is never to be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traveler! Have you news... FROM THE FUTURE?