Monday, July 1, 2013

1 July 2013


Liv Tyler b. 1977
 Dominic Keating b. 1962 (Enterprise, Heroes)
Andre Braugher b. 1962 (Andromeda Strain, Fantastic Four)
David Prowse b. 1935 (Star Wars)

Liv Tyler gets the Picture Slot all dolled up as an elf, though next year I might very well go with Darth Vader. Andre Braugher has a long career with very little work in genre films, but I do love a same day/same year pair, and he shares that exact birthday with Mr. Keating, whose career is not quite as illustrious but with more work in sci-fi/fantasy.

Movies released
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs released, 2009
The Last Airbender escaped, 2010

Prediction: In 2016, our cars will be transported in pneumatic tubes.

Predictor: Popular Mechanics in 1957

Reality: What the what?!? I fully understand the coolness of pneumatic tubes, but for transporting cars? This would be a ridiculous waste of space and energy.

Looking one day ahead... INTO THE FUTURE!

I've been hunting through the Heinlein predictions, and I think I found one that isn't completely ridiculous.


I know, it's like the Museum of the Hard to Believe.

Join us then... IN THE FUTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traveler! Have you news... FROM THE FUTURE?